Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Your Average Consumer

I would say I'm one of those people who always has their phone in their hands. So if you don't get a reply from me, I don't like you. (Haha, just kidding, I might be at work.) I've always been pretty savvy with new social media outlets and am on most of the major ones such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, and Pinterest. I enjoy the lifestyle of social media outlets but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with getting likes and followers as some people are.

I think that social media is entertaining at most and can be useful when self-promoting. Wether it is a fashion, food, or travel blog, social media allows for your content to be shared with people all over the world who enjoy the same things as you. Just as this, I like to share links and pictures of things that I enjoy with my friends and also to keep memories. It does a great job of digitally keeping a record of everything and anything, where as in the past things could easily get lost or worn.

I like to think of myself as someone who consumes media, not consumed by it. With this said, I get a lot of my inspiration for style and lifestyle from the media, focusing on the positivity and originality, but I do not strive to look exactly like the people who inspire my style. One of the greatest inspirations I've come across through social media, would be Claire Marshall, a YouTube makeup/style guru. She's one of the most original and interesting person I've come across on social media and I love all that she is. Her style does not overlap with a lot of the other YouTube gurus as many others do, and she is consistent in keeping her work unique and fresh. I like to take that concept of always being unique and original in my own life in all aspects of my life including fashion and lifestyle. 


I met Claire(left) when she came to New York for Fashion Week! It was freaking awesome. On the right, is another YouTube guru, Jenn Im.


No comments:

Post a Comment