Thursday, February 5, 2015

Who do you think you are?
Hi I am Gabriela Mertens, usually we never think about this question and when it is come to the table most of the time we do not know how to answer it ( Who do you think you are? ), it can be a tough question sometimes J. Anyways, I am taking my last two classes at Hunter College, meaning it is my last semester. My major is Spanish and Latin American Literature. I can say that I am a huge media consumer. My days turn around school, work and social media (Facebook and Instagram). I love photography, interior design, fashion, reading books and traveling; with the help of the media everything is easier and more accessible now a day. Even though I love the facilities that the media offers to us, I have clear that my role is not to take for granted everything that is giving to me. Since most of the time media offers positive and negative influences. For example taking about kids, media can influences violence or positive behavior on kids, that is why we as a consumer or as an audience we always have to be curios and question everything that is giving it to us.
I can say that most of who I am have been influenced by media. It is almost impossible to be the other way, since all around us is media now a day. Having said that, media has always played an important role in my life. When I was little, I used to watch a lot of cartoons, then I used to read teens magazines and I always try to get girls magazine stile when I was a teenager.
 In this century we are all surrounded by media, it is impossible not to get influence by it. For example media influences me, my life, a lot with fashion, interior design, diet, traveling and other goods. So, media fit into my personal life influencing me on my appearance, which defines my identity as a person. With the years, I strongly belief that my relationship with the media is even bigger than before, for example I watch movies, series, documentary on Netflix, I go to the movie theater to watch movies, I watch videos on you tube, I listen to music on the internet, iPod, radio, etc. I read books, magazine, textbooks and, newspaper published on line; I use Facebook, Instagram (as a social network).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxtBL8lHbU

No comments:

Post a Comment