Sunday, February 8, 2015

Who do you think you are?



Hello, I’m Nicole Pommerehncke and currently an Accounting major at Hunter with a previous concentration in Film. The entertainment industry is big, the biggest export industry for the U.S. But yet, we only see so little of it.

I have always been interested in film and TV. This is probably due to the fact that I didn’t have access or time for it when I was younger.  A hobby that became a passion and hopefully can become a lot more. But in the meantime my consumption of media is greater then my production. Besides traditional outlets for media like cable and newspapers I do enjoy streaming services as well. Let’s face it, who does not love Netflix or HBO Go? However, with respect to news coverage, I do try to get my news from more global outlets like Wall Street Journal, Reuters, BBC News and even Der Spiegel.


This movie started the passion for film


Mass media is all around us and there is no way to escape from it. Technology has made access to it easy but also very overwhelming. Personally, I do not like to share private information on every social media platform there is out there. I guess I’m a little old fashion in this. Yes, I do have a Facebook account and Instagram but my sharing is very limited. Mainly, I have Facebook to stay in contact with people I worked with or family and friends in Europe.  Now I have added Twitter to this for class purposes. We’ll see how that will go beyond the scope of the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment