Monday, February 9, 2015

Who I am

My name is Scott Fleisher, and I’m a media studies major, looking forward to going into production classes involving animation and web development in particular. For the most part, I consume media more than create it, but I hope to begin creating media after developing my artistic abilities more. I like to say that I critique as well as consume media.,I mostly play video games and stream anime and cartoons (i.e. Bob’s Burgers). I say that I critique media, in that I look at what it is, what it has done, how it could be better, and whether I like it, but this mostly pertains to anime and video games. I use social media websites too, but rather limitedly, mostly to respond to my friends who use it much more than I do. My favorite type of media is animation, ranging from shows in the realm of anime to the realm of adult cartoons and cartoons targeted at teenagers, and maybe even preteen targeted shows.
Looking at animation from a societal standpoint, I believe that animation has an ability to be all-encompassing, and can therefore approach any issue or human behavior in a compelling and entertaining way, and I believe that has an impact on the way society functions. After all, the world around us is very tiring and depressing, and sometimes, people just want to go home and relax a bit, and having a good laugh can be a great way to go about this.
Social media is an interesting tool for people to extend themselves across the world if they see fit in order to communicate with other people, in various ways, such as creating memes. I personally don’t like the way social media controls my generation. Everybody just has to check their facebook because god forbid they leave the internet for an hour. However, I’ve come to accept that people these days have an addiction to the internet and all of its wonders.

http://televisioncartoonsandsocialization.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment