Monday, April 27, 2015

Definitely Shona Rhimes – Post #5


When I was thinking about this last assignment the first person that popped into my mind was Shona Rhimes. So, I choose Shona Rhime as the artist who exemplifies the feminist movement as writing women characters as they just should be written.  She is a screenwriter, producer and director. One of my favorite shows is Grey’s Anatomy where women’s characters are presented each one in a very unique way; women are intelligent, brave, strong, etc. I just think she presents women in a way that nobody else does, she mixed the characteristic of each one, not presenting them as “the ideal women” that we watch on the media all the time, she presents women that make mistakes and are not perfect, just as we really are in real life “human been”.
Shonda Rhimes and the Grey's Anatomy character (Christina Yang)
 One of my favorite characters of this show is Christina Yang which happens to be an Asian woman, an is something that we do not see often in the media, and also the fact that she is a very strong independent woman which is another characteristic very uncommon on TV. So she fights very hard to accomplish her dreams and there is nothing that can stop her. For these and many more is that I really admire Shona Rhimes, she really presents women the way it should be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment