Sunday, May 10, 2015

Final Project: I Am What I Am Anything I Want to Be

          I've always been interested in how women are portrayed in society. I found it particularly interesting how we are typically portrayed in the media, for example, we are seen as arm candy, eye candy or positioned in supportive roles in relation to men. In all actuality, women are more than what the media paints us as, we are politicians, diplomats, heads of state, anchor women, journalists, athletes, directors, writers, artists, musicians, CEO's and so on.




            My intention regarding this project was to show people and remind people that women are capable and able of being anything they want to be. I want to remind women that we are not just "relationships" and support structures for everyone else but us.




Link to final  project - http://youtu.be/9U50m6WTGOo



Works Cited:
1.  Hooks, Bell. Understanding Patriarchy. 17. Print.
2. Barr, Roseanne. My Life As A Woman. 3. Print. 




No comments:

Post a Comment