Monday, March 30, 2015


Objectification of women in media
            My final project is going to be an essay with embedded images which will help to support my points on the essay. The subject that I am planning to focus on is: To what point society minds being affected by the media’s objectification of women? The media is creating social stereotypes for women images, and the audience is following it without questioning.
The media is creating social stereotypes.
 Women are presented as a sexual objects rather than women with value, quality, etc. We all get this wrong idea thought the media of been treating women as a sexual object. As a result, women get erroneous habits because they are trying hard to be that perfect idealize women. Sometimes, this battle can hurt them in many ways and on the other hand, men also get the wrong idea of women stereotype and become part of this condition.
women as a sexual object.
 This topic is very important for me because I am a woman and at some point of my life I been affected by the media as well. So, by analyzing this topic will help me to understand properly the subject and to help society to understand it too. I want to leave a clear message for my readers, a message that can have an impact in their life, something that make them think about this cruel reality. Then, I can say that this project is create for men, women and especially for young generations. My idea is to make them understand that women are more than a sexual body, or a beautiful face, women are not an object, women have a brain too, women can function, women are qualify for anything, women are powerful, women are a human been too.
women can get hurt.
I will published this ideas on my portfolio, this way anytime someone see it or every time that I get an interview I will have the chance to discuss the subject and by doing that at least I will make that person to see a point that maybe they have never think about it. Then, by thinking they can analyze that we need to do something about this unhealthy objectification, that we all as a society have adapted in our life; and that the worst of it is, that it have been passing from generations without been questioned.
women are more than a sexual body.
objectification of women en media 



1 comment:

  1. I like your idea on focusing women's body images in the media, this topic has a lot to talk about since you can discuss women's physical appearances in variety of media(magazines, commericials etc). You can also check out the modeling industry and some interviews or articles on how the models think about there careers and how do men portray their body figures.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8yLaoWybk (this is Ted Talk about advertising's image on women, hope that helps!).

    ReplyDelete